Friday, May 22, 2009

Just One of Those Days

Do you ever have one of those days where you just feel shit on? I mean you can just bend over backwards to try and help someone and they just walk all over you like your a piece of dog crap? They're never seem to take notice of anything you do MUCH LESS say "Thank You". You do all kinds of things that you're neither required nor obligated to do, and they act as if their intitled! It makes me so f@%*ing angry and you just want to cuss, fight and cry. I think it's my hurt that turns into anger, but I'm really trying to change a lot of my ways, and reading things like the poem below are helping. I don't yet know how to just not be "Hurt" by people, and it's so hard to just brush it away but I am learning. Read on, and I hope it brings you a little solace too.



People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;

Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, It is between you and God;
It never was between you and them anyway.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment